Never Lonely

Never Lonely

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Phllip SMA type 3



During the year of 2008, we didn't know Phillip was affected by SMA III. Throughout the whole year, my mom notices Phillip having difficulty going up the stairs; we also noticed that he was getting tired easily and he was falling a lot...So, after various doctors appointments and a biopsy...I received the worse news a parent can have and that is when the doctor say, "Your son has a muscle condition called Spinal Muscular Atrophy; he will lose his muscle strength." When I heard the news, I felt like my whole world was collapsing...I needed not to cry because Phillip was sitting next to me...I needed to be strong for him and I did it. On the day that we were told he had SMA, I decided that I will fight and continue to fight for him...I decided that I will do anything in my power to keep his faith strong...I decided that we were not going to give up and I was going to make sure of that. My family and I have been struggling with his condition but the beautiful thing is that WE ARE NOT GIVING UP.

This past year, Phillip's condition has been progressing and he has been having good and bad days...On his good days, he is a happy boy who doesn't have SMA and his bad days, he is a boy that is unable to move and therefore he has to be on his wheelchair...Phillip still learning to deal with his SMA; he is starting to talk more about SMA ...

We have created a page on Facebook so people can get to know about Phillip...He writes posts about his day and about how SMA is affecting him....We want to do our part to raise SMA Awareness...We need to let people know that SMA exists and there is no cure...but soon...God will bless us with a cure...

"Embrace The Suck"

To make a donation to help Phillip, and others like him please visit www.sophiascure.org/donate today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment