Never Lonely

Never Lonely

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cranky Babies & Cranky Mommy

First day back at work, in what feels like months. I woke up this morning at 3:45 not a happy camper. My roommate turned on the coffee pot and over our morning smoke I asked how he does this every day. Lol. I'm so used to not working, or having appointments that this 8 hour shift drained the life out of me. It also gives me less to blog about because I didn't see the girls all day...

Picture of the girls from a year ago <3 
I can however share with you how cranky Nemo was this morning. She didn't want to wake up either, and frankly, I didn't blame her. She was in my bed because she peed hers last night. We are back to pull-ups. Three accidents in 5 days, we will try again in a few months. Anywhos, when I woke her up, she looked at me and rolled over. Rude! Doing what any mom would do, I snatched the blanket off of her. She proceeds to throw a hissy fit about being cold and starts bawling her eyes out. Woah. Not the response I was hoping for. After I got her moving she refused to get dressed. "Mom, I'm going back to bed." After some harsh tones, I persuaded her to get dressed. One down, one to go. Prior to getting Emery up, I flipped on Audry's light and gave her a bottle. When I walked back in the room she was so sweetly nestled back in her blankets, and racked out. Jeez O Pete. I tap her and she pushed my hands away and made an ugly face. Fortunately some tickling and snuggling was all she needed to rise and shine and give me that beautiful Audry smile. After changing her diaper and doing her morning treatments. I went to check on Emery, who by the way, was still in her pull-up giving me a dirty look. After dressing her myself, I lugged both kids down the stairs because Emery's "legs weren't working" Trust me it was easier to carry them both down, then to try and convince her otherwise. I got their shoes on and we are out the door. --Almost. Emery was thirsty. I gave her juice and if she drank it any slower, she would've been going backwards. Irritated I asked her if she wanted mommy to get fired, and we'd have to live in a box on the street. She replied with a "no" but didn't drink any faster. After some more dirty looks, she finished the damn juice. I loaded both girls in the car and set out for daycare. Emery fell asleep on the 10 minute drive and again wasn't very pleasant. I grabbed Audry and when I got to Emery's side, she wouldn't wake up. Pretty sure she was being a tyrant and messing with me. She over dramatized getting out of her cars eat and had a full on meltdown in the parking lot. I get the kids inside and Emery is still going. Dropped Audry off in her class, and sat Emery down with some crayons... This was just from 5am-6am. The start of my long day.

I got to work on time, shocker, I know. We seriously had no patients. I was bored stupid. The day dragged on but finally it was 3 and I set off to pick up the kids. The girls flip flopped after school Audry was tired, and Emery was unusually pleasant. "Please, thank you, I love you mommy" Creepy almost. I re-fried leftover fried rice for us. We had dinner and the kids went to bed. Neither of the girls put up a fight. Aside from the fact Audry is unable to walk, and her morning treatments, today felt almost "normal". She's not sick anymore and I'm not on edge thinking "this cold, could be her last" I know it's morbid but i'd be a fat mouth and a liar if I said it had never crosses my mind when her oxygen saturation sucks. It was just a good day of bad moods. I dig it. :)

"Embrace The Suck"

No comments:

Post a Comment