Never Lonely

Never Lonely

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Legs



The moment you've all been waiting on... 

Friends, family, and generous strangers, 4 months ago Audry was diagnosed with a grim disorder, we now know as Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I had no idea at the time the financial burden we would be walking into. I've always been incredibly independent and knowing that there would be things Audry would need to improve her quality of life, and myself being unable to provide them, absolutely broke my heart. I finally put my own feelings aside and started fundraising. It's more important Audry is comfortable than my feelings of asking for help. Sometimes in life things happen that are beyond our control. While we did not ask for this diagnosis, its my job to do whatever it takes to take care of Audry. With everyones generous contributions whether it was a prayer, a 5$ donation, or a $500 donation. I'm happy to announce we raised roughly $4,000.00. $2700.00 went to the Panthera Micro, $400.00 will go towards funding a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy, and the rest put into an account for Audry. While it's important to get Audry the things she needs, It's equally important to help fund a cure. My hope is that one day Audry won't "need" new equitment, or supplements. At the very least if it's not in her lifetime, my hope is that no parent ever has to hear those words. "Take her home, and love her, there is no cure, there is no treatment, prognosis varies, and 50% don't make it til their second birthday" I can't thank each and everyone of you enough for coming together in our time of need. Without further ado I present Miss Boog, in her brand new wheelchair [Legs] at school with her peers. It's a short video, mechanical error, thought I was taking video when in reality I have a bunch of blurry pictures. Haha. It's great to see her moving around and exploring. Brings tears to my eyes, and wouldn't be happening if I didn't have the support from our family. Family as in each and every one of you.

"Embrace The Suck"

2 comments:

  1. This is by far the best news ever and the video brought tears to my eyes...she even gave the "kayla look" lol....so greatful for keeping you in my life and glad to help. I think about you and your family every day. I miss you guys so much!!!! God Bless you guys and continued success and prayers. We love you, Jenn & aliciana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is absolutely amazing Kayla, You are doing great raising those two little ones. Sending my love and prayers.

    -Cribbs

    ReplyDelete