Never Lonely

Never Lonely

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Today.

Today was an amazing day. The girls were so kind as to let mommy sleep in. The kicker is Emery didn't destroy the house as she usually does if mommy tries to get some extra zzz's. Audry woke up fever free. She was still moody all day, but I'll take what I can get. The last few days she's only had one mood, miserable. At least today we got some smiles. She's still not wanting to eat a whole lot, but I don't stress not eating these days. [That's why we have the tubey!] 

After some 12 or so hours of sleep I got up and we headed of to Wal-mart. Didn't really know what we were going in there for, which is never a good idea, [BTW] but decided to wing it anyways. I'm proud to say I did not spend a small fortune. [this time] We found ourselves in the plant aisle. Anyone who knows me, knows I have a black thumb. My bamboo died. From what I understand they are pretty hard to kill. My backyard hasn't been touched since we moved in a year ago. All I needed were the right tools, and some motivation. With the help of my good friend. The jungle that once ran wild in the backyard is trimmed, turned, soiled, and another day will be re-seeded. We got a few plants but only one made it into the ground. After all the manual labor this afternoon, I'll be paying for it tomorrow. All in all it was worth it. The girls had a blast, especially Emery. Audry did what Audry always does. She sat giggling from her chair. Another reason I can't wait to get her in a wheelchair... speaking of, we've hit $2000.00! So close! Thanks again, and I'll probably thank everyone a million more times. It means a lot that so many people are chipping in to get Audry her "legs". 

Today was a day of no cellphones, no TV, just the people I love, doing something new together. Not only does my backyard look a million times better but we spent the whole day together. I couldn't imagine spending today any other way. Sure we had to take suction breaks, and feeding tube breaks, but that's our "norm". I'm getting so used to the treatments that sometimes, I don't even realize I'm doing them til we are sitting there with the machines. Every day tasks take longer, there is no "get-up and go" Today it doesn't bother me. This is our life. Today I'm just feeling blessed to have these babies. These are my angels. Today I'm not upset, or feeling sorry for Boog. Today I'm just happy. Today I've accomplished Embracing the suck. While I may not do it every day. Today was a success!


"Embrace The Suck"

No comments:

Post a Comment